Wednesday, April 20, 2011

crazy people and their dogs

OK so after emailing on Monday we went out to knock some doors. About 6 houses in we came to one yard that had a long driveway and a gate in the front. There where no signs on the gate saying "private property" or "beware dog" or anything like that, so we whistled and saw that there was a dog in the persons house. Elder Owens and I opened the gate and closed it behind us, when we got about 20 feet inside the guys yard he opens the door and says "was my gate closed?" and then he says "you better start running" as he moves to the side and lets his 125 lbs pit bull dog out of the house. We run back to gate and somehow open it and get out just in the knick of time, as i shut the gate the dog slams into it growling and drooling. We managed to get the gate locked got out of there without getting hurt.
People are crazy that is all i have to say about this. i know that it was because we are protected as missionaries that we made it out of that yard without being hurt or getting bitten. So another story to add to my list of crazy things in the Wa-Tac.
i love you all so much.
love, Elder Logan Hugh Mouritsen
Wa-Tac Forever

2 comments:

  1. My trainer and I were knocking doors in Hayden, Idaho and we were at a door, long sidewalk, chainlink fence around. No dogs in sight. We knocked on the door and waited and waited and then a HUGE HUGE bear-sized doot came barreling around the corner of the house, barking and mean. Nina, my comp, pushed me out of the way to get down the stairs first. I ran after her but she made it to the gate first. She then CLOSED THE GATE behind her and took off down the street at top speed! I had to mess with the gate latch and that's when I realized that the dog had followed her across the yard, not me, and so I was able to get out with becoming puppy chow. To this day, she claims that she did that all on purpose to distract the door, but I know the truth. She stone cold left me in the dust.

    Which is an important life lesson. You don't have to be fastest. Just faster.

    Love you!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story Elder. Sorry but, I don't have any being run away by a dog stories.
    I do know that what you are doing is a great thing. Heavenly Father will bless and keep you safe. A key to making that happen is to make sure you keep the mission rules. Be safe.
    Love you.
    Gpa 'H'

    ReplyDelete